Astera's Official Rules and Guidelines
New rules will be added if necessary, ignorance is no excuse to defy or bypass any rule. By logging onto our website, discord, or server, you have agreed to follow the rules we have laid out for you, if these terms are violated the offender will be punished accordingly.
YOUR ACCOUNT, YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
- You are responsible for any and all behavior that takes place on your account. Due to this, we suggest you do not allow anyone other than yourself to access your account.
You should only have one account logged into the server at a time.
- Bypassing daily/weekly chests, any punishment, dungeon chests, inviting alts to towns for extra claims, etc. will be deemed as alt abuse. In other words, do not use alternate accounts to bypass ANY set limitation. We take our fairness and equality for all players seriously and if this is cannot be understood, this may result in your balance, McMMO levels, ranks and job levels being reset, on top of a ban.
- If you feel you are wrongfully banned for having an alt, make an appeal and explain your situation. (We understand there are rare occurrences with siblings, family members, roommates, etc.)
- Players who are considered detrimental to the community will be removed without further consideration. If you can’t contribute positively, you will be considered toxic to the player base and removed.
- Respect staff decisions. If a staff member has informed you of something wrong, or determined a punishment, you are expected to respect it and you must NOT argue back with their decision. If you choose to argue back, this will be considered as disrespect to staff and ignorance of the server rules and actions will be taken accordingly. Staff are held responsible for judging situations in need of resolving. If the player feels it’s unjust, they can appeal on the Discord.
If you cannot contribute to the community positively you will be deemed as toxic and therefore removed.
If you cannot contribute to the community positively you will be deemed as toxic and therefore removed.
- Any rule that specifies “General Chat” means that you are not restricted to such rules in other forms of chat such as Party, Town, Nation, Direct Messages etc.
- Harassment of any form is NOT acceptable, our community is meant to be place where people feel comfortable and are safe so if anyone breaches that safety they will be removed from the community immediately, as we have a ZERO tolerance for harassment. This also includes trying to make contact with someone who has /ignore’d you.
- Players should inform a member of staff immediately if they feel they are being harassed, whether through direct messages or by creating a ticket -new in #direct-support (Be sure to provide proof of the harassment so we may act upon it).
- Respect ALL players and staff members.
- Astera is an all inclusive community catering to a variety of ages as social backgrounds, therefore the General chat is expected to be kept PG-13 and free of any socially inflammatory topics including politics, drugs, homophobia, sexism, racism, religion and explicit content.
- Don’t dox, (reveal or share private/personal information about others). It is potentially dangerous and you will be removed from the community if you are caught doing so. - General is meant to be kept English only, this is because staff are unable to moderate chat in multiple languages. - NO Excessive Swearing /filter dodging in General chat, again Astera caters to a wide variety of ages and groups of people so please respect that in General chat.
- NO Form of chat disturbance this includes (but is not limited to):
- NO Advertising this includes links, IP addresses, server names, owner names etc, this is not allowed as it isn't right to try and take players from one community to another, we don't expect any of our players to advertise on other servers so we expect that same respect of players coming to ours. (Rules still apply to inactive servers)
Over excessive character spam (if it goes over multiple lines, we understand people use extra characters to emphasize) Caps Spam Chat Flooding (sending multiple lines of chat unnecessarily) Repetitive Spam Randomized Character Spam
- ANTI-DRAMA As previously mentioned certain topics such as: politics, drugs, homophobia, sexism, racism, religion and explicit content are not allowed on the server.
- Absolutely no discrimination. Below are some protected characteristics (you are not permitted to discriminate or disrespect)
- Age - Disability - Gender Reassignment - Marriage and Civil partnership - Pregnancy and Maternity - Race - Religion or Belief - Gender - Sexual Orientation
NO Arguing If a member of staff has punished a player, do NOT argue back and forth with them about it as it won’t help your situation in any way. Do not get involved. (This also means if someone is being punished or is trying to argue, anyone who isn't staff or trusted should NOT get involved as it just makes matters worse let staff handle it, NO Mini-Modding.)
- If you feel you have been wrongfully punished by a member of staff DON'T argue, simply go to #direct-support and type -new to create a ticket and then report it with screenshots and explain the situation for Upper Staff to review and deal with.
- NO Scamming This includes but is not limited to:
- Purposely misleading players in any way will be classified as scamming, if you don’t cooperate with staff, we will assume you did it on purpose - If any agreed upon deals, trades, services, etc aren't upheld from both parties the side who did not uphold will be considered to be scamming - False Claiming or Advertising an item/service is scamming - Auctioning regular items at a higher price is often considered to be you disguising it as a more valuable custom item. If this isn’t the case, simply refund the money/item. If you are unwilling, we will assume you purposely did it to mislead players.
NO impersonating players/staff. This includes nicknames, name changes, claims, etc.
- NO inappropriate or disrespectful nicknames, skins, item names, and usernames. If you have a username deemed inappropriate for the server, you will be banned for a month or until you change it. Once you’ve changed it, appeal on the forums and you will be unbanned. The same applies to skins, until you change it.
All of the previously mentioned chat rules apply to Discord (voice channels included).
- NO evading Discord punishments.
- NO toxicity
- Stick to the respective channels. (Bypassing this rule may result in you being blacklisted from the channel)
- NO voice changers, no excessively loud noises, no music unless in music channels.
GENERAL GAME MECHANICS
- NO bug exploiting No server is flawless, especially when new plugins are added. Occasionally catastrophic bugs become server-wide knowledge. Please refrain from abusing them, and contact staff privately via a Discord ticket if you have found one. ( If you choose to further exploit these bugs, you will be punished accordingly either with a ban, or with all of your belongings, money, items, mcMMO levels, jobs progress and ranks etc being removed from your account.)
- You may place a maximum of 50 hoppers and a maximum of 60 pistons in one area at a time, having more may result in them being removed by Upper Staff. (Areas are considered all chunks that are loaded in around pistons/hoppers)
- NO AFK bypassing if afk machines are used they will be destroyed by staff and you will be eliminated from receiving store coupons & top player rewards. Additionally, you may have your money, items, mcMMO levels, jobs progress and ranks etc being removed from your account as well as a ban.
- Automated farms allowed if NOT used to bypass the AFK kick, abuse the job system, exploit any bugs or combine SlimeFun and Redstone to farm plants or cause lag. (They must also fall under the 50 hopper and 60 piston limit)
- Combining SlimeFun with Redstone is allowed as long as it is not used with plants or causes lag, machines breaching this rule will result be deleted by staff and no resources will be refunded, in addition to this further action maybe taken such as balance and stat resets.
- The following spawners are not allowed to be used or created, if one is found or a method to obtain such spawners are found notify staff privately and don't abuse it:
- Creeper - Enderdragon - Ghast - Shulker
Some jobs have restrictions in order to keep them balanced. It is a privilege to allow both of these elements on a server at the same time, so we ask that you do NOT abuse it!
- Breaking these rules will be considered job abuse and you will get job stats reset as well as a ban.
- Schematica Printer cannot be paired with Farmer to replace crops.
- Schematica Printer cannot be paired with Builder to build.
- Slimefun cannot be paired Weaponsmith or Baker job.
- Harassment will be identified at the discretion of staff. If you feel you are being harassed, create a player report or Discord ticket to get in contact with staff.
- You are allowed to be in other players towns, however if you are there for no other reason than to taunt players, or are needlessly upsetting them, you will be asked to leave.
- Setting homes in, or near other players build or town is against the rules without their permission. This includes both claimed and unclaimed land.
- Interfering with a player inside of a town by standing in the way of their build, knocking them out of fly, or blocking them with disguises is considered harassment.
- Do not lure people into PvP or combat. This includes disguising as a mob so that they combat tag you first.
- No TP Killing. You are required to wait a minimum of 5 minutes after teleporting before initiating combat with someone. The exemption of this rule is /warp pvp. If you go to the pvp arena, expect to die and be prepared to lose your items.
- No mob disguising in the pvp arena.
- If you wish to toggle pvp in your plot or town to kill someone, you must first warn them that you are toggling it, and then wait 60 seconds before engaging in combat.
- No bypassing non-pvp zones, including the miningworld and towns where pvp is disabled.
- You are not permitted to abuse the Towny jail system.
- Mayors are expected to return active residents items if they have been kicked from the town, for whatever reason. To have chests unlocked by staff, the player must be inactive for 21+ Days. Failing to do so will be considered griefing.
- Overclaiming abandoned towns or unclaimed builds is not permitted. If you alter, sell, or claim a build that is not yours without the owners permission it will be considered grief. It is highly encouraged Mayors have a Town Storage and store items there for inactive residents or it could be considered stealing from a town.
- You are not permitted to set homes in towns that don’t give permission.
- Entering towns and annoying residents will be deemed as harassment.
GRIEFING AND RAIDING
- NO Griefing, griefing is defined as….
- The only world you are permitted to grief in is the Resource World.
NO interfering with other towns land, this includes but not limited to: - Ring claiming/building - Claiming outposts or creating towns near an existing town to prevent expansion - Destroying over 10 blocks of a build in towns and in the wilderness.
- Raiding is permitted in the WILD only, and considered to be anything where 10+ non raidable blocks have been broken. You can under no circumstances raid towns, even if their perms are on.
All ores (and ore blocks), beacons, anvils, mob spawners, player/mob heads, enchantment tables, crops, banners, shulker boxes, item frames, and furnaces You can loot from chests but you CANNOT break them allowing items to drop You cannot raid any form of redstone item or anything from the slimefun plugin that has been placed.
- Hacking in any form, and under any circumstance will result in a long temp ban, or perm ban.
- X-Ray is not allowed. This includes in ‘bundled’ mods, such as minimaps and texturepacks.
- Using mods that are not exempt below may also result in a ban.
These modifications may have content not permitted on the server. For example, included macros and X-ray are still unacceptable.
- Optifine - Shaders & Texture Packs* - Better PvP* - Minimaps* - Schematica - Inventory Tweaks - 5Zig - Armour, Weapon, and Potion Status/Affects